The Bachelor of Science Program in Bioengineering is seeking accreditation by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Program educational objectives describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years after graduation. The program educational objectives of the BS in bioengineering program are to prepare graduates to:
- Be technically proficient, innovative, and rigorous problem solvers who excel in the professional practice of engineering while maintaining a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Be multifaceted and able to work with and demonstrate leadership in multidisciplinary teams.
- Pursue advanced degrees in engineering, medicine, and other fields that leverage their technical and problem-solving skills.
The bioengineering program has documented student outcomes that support the program educational objectives. Attainment of these outcomes prepares graduates to enter the professional practice of engineering.
Student outcomes are outcomes (1) through (7):
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Student enrollment and graduation data for this program are posted here.