ECE Professor Deniz Erdogmus (co-PI) and affiliated BioE Professors Mary Jo Ondrechen (PI) and Penny Beuning (co-PI) were awarded a $600K NSF grant for "Mining for mechanistic information to predict protein function".
You are here
- 2012, American Cancer Society Research Scholar Award
- 2009, National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- 2009, Cottrell Scholar Award
- R. Parasuram, T.A. Coulther, J.M. Hollander, E. Keston-Smith, M.J. Ondrechen, P.J. Beuning, Prediction of Active Site and Distal Residues in E. coli DNA Polymerase III Alpha Polymerase Activity, Biochemistry, 57(7), 2018, 1063–1072
- N.M. Antczak, M. Packer, X. Lu, K. Zhang, P.J. Beuning, Human Y-family DNA Polymerase Kappa is more Tolerant to Changes in its Active Site Loop than its Ortholog E. coli DinB, Chemical Research in Toxicology, 30(11), 2017, 2002–2012
- D.A. Murison, R.C. Timson, B.N. Koleva, M. Ordazzo, P.J. Beuning, Identification of the Dimer Exchange Interface of the Bacterial DNA Damage Response Protein UmuD, Biochemistry, 56, 2017, 4773-4785
- D.A. Murison, J.N. Ollivierre, Q. Huang, D.E. Budil, P.J. Beuning, Altering the N-Terminal Arms of the Polymerase Manager Protein UmuD Modulates Protein Interactions, PLoS One, 12(3), 2017
- M. Nabuan Naufer, D.A. Murison, I. Rouzina, P.J. Beuning, M.C. Williams, Single-Molecule Mechanochemical Characterization of E. coli pol III Core Catalytic Activity, Protein Science, 26(7), 2017, 1413-1426
- P. Nevin, X. Lu, K. Zhang, J.R. Engen, P.J. Beuning, Non-Cognate DNA Damage Prevents Formation of Active Conformation of Y-family DNA Polymerases DinB and Pol Kappa, The FEBS Journal, 282, 2015, 2646-2660
2000 Ph.D. University of Minnesota
1994 B.A. Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
Research & Scholarship Interests
Honors & Awards
BioE Professor Jeffrey Ruberti (co-PI) along with bioengineering affiliated and College of Science faculty, including Professor Mark Williams (PI), and Associate Professors Penny Beuning (co-PI), Meni Wanunu (co-PI), and Ke Zhang (co-PI) were awarded a $1M NSF grant for the "Acquisition of a Lumick's SuperC-TRAP correlative optical tweezers and fluorescence microscope (CTFM) system."
23 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY17 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing over $600K dollars of investment in research.