23 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY17 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing over $600K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- B.S., Physics, Iowa State University
- M.S., Ph.D., Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Abdelkrim Benabbas, Venugopal Karunakaran, Hwan Youn, Thomas Poulos, and Paul M. Champion, “Effect of DNA binding on geminate CO recombination kinetics in CO-Sensing transcription factor CooA”, J. Biol. Chem. 287, 21729-21740 (2012).
- Mark. M. Warren, Marius Kaucikas, Ann Fitzpatrick, Paul Champion, J. Timothy Sage, Jasper J. van Thor, “Ground state proton transfer in the photoswitching reactions of the fluorescent protein Dronpa”, Nature Comm., 4:1461, 1-8 (2013).
- Yuhan Sun, Venugopal Karunakaran, and Paul M. Champion, “Investigations of the Low-Frequency Spectral Density of Cytochrome c upon Equilibrium Unfolding”, J. Phys. Chem. B 117, 9615-9625 (2013).
- Yuhan Sun, Weiqiao Zeng, Abdelkrim Benabbas, Xin Ye, Ilia Denisov, Stephen G. Sligar, Jing Du, John H. Dawson, and Paul M. Champion, “Investigations of Heme Ligation and Ligand Switching in Cytochromes P450 and P420”, Biochemistry 52, 5941-5951 (2013).
- L.M. Thompson, A. Lasoroski, P.M. Champion, J.T. Sage, M.J. Frisch, J.J van Thor, and M.J. Bearpark, “Analytical Harmonic Vibrational Frequencies for the Green Fluorescent Protein Computed with ONIOM: Chromophore Mode Character and Its Response to Environment”, J. Chem. Theory Comput.10, 751-766 (2014).
- Yuhan Sun, Abdelkirm Benabbas, Weiqiao Zeng, Jesse G. Kleingardner, Kara L. Bren, and Paul M. Champion, “Investigations of Heme Distortion, Low-Frequency Vibrational Excitations, and Electron Transfer in Cytochrome c”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.(USA) 111, 6570-6575 (2014).
- Venugopal Karunakaran, Yuhan Sun, Abdelkirm Benabbas, and Paul M. Champion, “Investigations of the Low Frequency Modes of Ferric Cytochrome c Using Vibrational Coherence Spectroscopy”, J. Phys. Chem. B 118, 6062-6070 (2014).
- Abdelkrim Benabbas, Bridget Salna, J. Timothy Sage, and Paul M. Champion, “Deep Proton Tunneling in the Electronically Adiabatic and Non-adiabatic Limits: Comparison of the Quantum and Classical Treatment of Donor-Acceptor Motion”, J. Chem. Phys. 142, 114101-1-17 (2015).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Experimental Biological Physics, inelastic light scattering, ultrafast pump-probe laser spectroscopy
Department Research Areas
See Google Scholar Profile for all publications »