25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- PhD, Harvard University, 2009
- S.H. Chung, M.R. Awal, J. Shay, M.M. McLoed, E. Mazur, C.V. Gabel, Novel DLK-Independent Neuronal Regeneration in Caenorhabditis Elegans Shares Links with Activity-Dependent Ectopic Outgrowth, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 113, 2016, E2852-E2860
- L. Sun, J. Shay, M. McLoed, K. Roodhouse, S.H. Chung, C. Clark, J. Pirri, M. Alkema, C.V. Gabel, Neuronal Regeneration in C. elegans Requires Subcellular Calcium Release by Ryanodine Receptor Channels and Can Be Enhanced by Optogenetic Stimulation, Journal of Neuroscience, 34, 2014, 15947-15956
- S.H. Chung, A. Schmalz, R.C.H. Ruiz, C.V. Gabel, E. Mazur, Femtosecond Laser Ablation Reveals Antagonistic Sensory and Neuroendocrine Signaling that Underlie C. elegans Behavior and Development, Cell Reports, 4, 2013, 316-326
- S.H. Chung, L. Sun, C.V. Gabel, In Vivo Neuronal Calcium Imaging in C. elegans, Journal of Visualized Experiments, 74, 2013
- S.H. Chung, E. Mazur, Surgical Applications of Femtosecond Lasers, Journal of Biophotonics, 2, 2009, 557-572
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
BioE Assistant Professor Samuel Chung is studying microscopic worms to gain insights into nerve regeneration with hopes to help people with spinal cord injuries. Source: News @ Northeastern Samuel...
Samuel Chung joins the Bioengineering department in September 2017 as an Assistant Professor.