BioE/COS Professor Heather Clark directs the new Systems Bioanalysis and Chemical Imaging Institute which will focus on finding ways to image the chemistry of our bodies.
You are here
- Young Faculty Award, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- G. Rong, S. Corrie, H.A. Clark, In Vivo Biosensing: Progress and Perspectives, ACS Sensors, 2(3), 2017, 327-338
- T.T. Ruckh, C.G. Skipwith, W. Chang, A.W. Senko, V. Bulovic, P. Anikeeva, H.A. Clark, Ion-Switchable FRET Rates in Ratiometric Nanocrystal Potassium Sensors, ACS Nano, 10(4), 2016, 4020-4030
- W. Di, R.S. Czarny, N.A. Fletcher, M.D. Krebs, H.A. Clark, Comparative Study of Poly(epsilon-caprolactone) and Poly(Lactic-co-Glycolic Acid)-Based Nanofiber Scaffolds for pH-Sensing, Pharmaceutical Research, 2016
- A. Sahari, T.T. Ruckh, R. Hutchings, H.A. Clark, Development of an Ultra-Selective Optical Nanosensor for Potassium Imaging, Analytical Chemistry, 87(21), 2015, 10684-10687
- R.P. Walsh, J. Morales, C.G. Skipwith, T.T. Ruckh, H.A. Clark, Enzyme Linked DNA Dendrimers for the Detection of Acetylcholine, Nature Scientific Reports, 2015
- J.M. Morales, C.G. Skipwith, H.A. Clark, Quadruplex Integrated DNA (QuID) Nanosensors for Monitoring Dopamine, Sensors, 15(8), 2015, 19912-19924
- K.J. Cash, C. Li, L.V. Wang, H.A. Clark, Photoacoustic Imaging of Nanosensors for Therapeutic Drugs, In Vivo, ACS Nano, 9(2), 2015, 1692-1698
- M.K. Balaconis, Y. Luo, H.A. Clark, Glucose-Sensitive Nanofiber Scaffolds Prevent Sensor Diffusion, In Vivo, Analyst, 140, 2015, 716-723 *selected as a HOT article
Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry, University of Michigan, 1999
B.S. Chemistry, University of Michigan
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Bioengineering Professor Heather Clark and Associate Professor Mark Niedre awarded a $1.4M, 4-year NIH grant to develop circulating red blood cell based nanosensors for non-invasive optical drug monitoring.
Heather Clark joins the Bioengineering department in September 2017 as a Professor with a joint appointment in Chemistry and Chemical Biology.