Erel Levine joins the Bioengineering department in January 2019 as an Associate Professor.
You are here
- Ph.D, Theoretical Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 2005
- M.Sc, Applied Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 1999
- B.Sc, Computer Sciences and Physics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, 1997
- K. S. Lee and E. Levine, Microfluidic Platform for Longitudinal Imaging in C. Elegans, JoVE, 135, 2017
- E. Korkmazhan, H. Teimouri, N. Peterman, E. Levine, The Dynamics of Translation can Determine the Spatial Organization of Membrane-Bound Proteins and their mRNA, National Academy of Sciences, 114(51), 2017, 13424-13429
- M. Scholtz, A. Diner, D. Biron, E. Levine, Feeding Dynamics are Controlled by the Need for Energy and for Information, PNAS, 114(35), 2017, 9261–9266
- H. Teimouri, E. Korkmazhan, J. Stavans, E. Levine, ESub-Cellular mRNA Localization Modulates the Regulation of Gene Expression by Small RNAs in Bacteria, Physical Biology, 14(5), 2017, 056001
- A. Bitran, W.Y. Chiang, E. Levine, M. Prentiss, Mechanisms of Fast and Stringent Search in Homologous Pairing of Double-Stranded DNA, PLoS Computational Biology 13(3), 2017, e1005421
- K.S. Lee, S. Iwanir, R. Kopito, D. Biron, E. Levine, Regulation of Food Uptake by Serotonin-Dependent Balance Between Two Modes of Feeding, Nature Commications, 8, 2017, 1422
Joins the bioengineering department in January 2019.
Research & Scholarship Interests
analysis of big biological data by developing statistical physics approaches to deep learning; statistical learning approaches to the dynamics, plasticity and evolvability of small regulatory RNA; host-pathogen interaction: in-host dynamics and inter-species systems biology