Bioengineering Professor Heather Clark and Associate Professor Mark Niedre awarded a $1.4M, 4-year NIH grant to develop circulating red blood cell based nanosensors for non-invasive optical drug monitoring.
You are here
- PhD, University of Toronto, 2004
- 2015 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2015 Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
- Massachusetts Life Sciences Center New Investigator Award
- V. Pera, X. Tan, J. Runnels, N. Sardesai, C.P. Lin, M. Niedre, Diffuse Fluorescence Fiber Probe for In Vivo Detection of Circulating Cells, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 22(3), 2017, 037004
- Y. Mu, V. Pera, M. Niedre, Multiplexed Fluorescence Mediated Tomography with Temporal and Spectral Data, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 21(10), 2016, 105001
- S. Markovic, S. Li, M. Niedre, Performance of Computer Vision In Vivo Flow Cytometry with Low Fluorescence Contrast, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 20(3), 2015, 35005
- V. Pera, D.H. Brooks, M. Niedre, On the use of Cramer-Rao Bounds in diffuse optical Tomography, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 19(2), 2014, 025002
- S. Markovic, B. Li, V. Pera, M. Sznaier, O. Camps, M. Niedre, A Computer Vision Approach to RareCell In Vivo Flow Cytometry, Cytometry A, 83A, 2013, 1113-1123
- N. Pestana, L. Mortensen, J. Runnels, M. Niedre, et al., An Improved Prototype Diffuse Fluorescence Flow Cytometer for High Sensitivity Detection of Rare Circulating Cells In Vivo, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 18(7), 2013, 77002
- Y. Mu, N. Valim, M. Niedre, Evaluation of a Fast Single-photon Avalanche Photodiode for Measurement of Early Transmitted Photons Through Diffusive Media, Optics Letters, 38(12), 2013, 2098-2100
- N. Valim, J. Brock, M. Leeser, M. Niedre, The Effect of Temporal Impulse Response on Experimental Reduction of Photon Scatter in Time-Resolved Diffuse Optical Tomography, Physics in Medicine and Biology, 58(2), 2013, 335-349
Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, 2005-2008 Ph.D., Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 2005 B.Eng., Engineering Physics, McMaster University, 1998
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
23 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY17 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing over $600K dollars of investment in research.
140 The Fenway, room 378
212A Lake Hall