23 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY17 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing over $600K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- PhD, University of Toronto, 2004
- 2015 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2015 Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
- Massachusetts Life Sciences Center New Investigator Award
- S. Markovic, S. Li, M. Niedre "Performance of Computer Vision In Vivo Flow Cytometry with Low Fluorescence Contrast", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 20(3), 2015, 35005
- V. Pera, D.H. Brooks, M. Niedre "On the use of Cramer-Rao Bounds in diffuse optical Tomography", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 19(2), 2014, 025002
- S. Markovic, B. Li, V. Pera, M. Sznaier, O. Camps, M. Niedre "A Computer Vision Approach to RareCell In Vivo Flow Cytometry", Cytometry A, 83A, 2013, 1113-1123
- N. Pestana, L. Mortensen, J. Runnels, M. Niedre, et al. "An Improved Prototype Diffuse Fluorescence Flow Cytometer for High Sensitivity Detection of Rare Circulating Cells In Vivo", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 18(7), 2013, 77002
- Y. Mu, N. Valim, M. Niedre "Evaluation of a Fast Single-photon Avalanche Photodiode for Measurement of Early Transmitted Photons Through Diffusive Media", Optics Letters, 38(12), 2013, 2098-2100
- N. Valim, J. Brock, M. Leeser, M. Niedre "The Effect of Temporal Impulse Response on Experimental Reduction of Photon Scatter in Time-resolved Diffuse Optical Tomography", Physics in Medicine and Biology, 58(2), 2013, 335-349
Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, 2005-2008 Ph.D., Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 2005 B.Eng., Engineering Physics, McMaster University, 1998
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Associate Professor, Mark Niedre, received a $1.5M RO1 grant from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute of NIH for Ultra-Rare Cell In Vivo Flow Cytometry.
Congratulations to this year’s class of COE Faculty Fellows: Yunsi Fei, Auroop Ganguly, Mark Niedre, and Ashkan Vaziri.
140 The Fenway, room 378
212A Lake Hall