25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- PhD, Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 2014
- MS, Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 2012
- BS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 2007
- ClampFISH detects individual nucleic acid molecules using click chemistry-based amplification. S.H. Rouhanifard, I.A. Mellis, M. Dunagin, S. Bayatpour, C.L. Jiang, I. Dardani, O. Symmons, B. Emert, E. Torre, A. Cote, A. Sullivan, J.A. Stamatoyannopolous, A. Raj. Nature Biotechnology, 2018
- Visualizing Adenosine to Inosine RNA Editing in Single Mammalian Cells. I.A. Mellis, R. Gupte, A. Raj, S.H. Rouhanifard, Nature Methods, 2017
- Engineered glycocalyx regulates stem cell proliferation in murine crypt organoids. S.H. Rouhanifard, A. Lopez Aguilar, L. Meng, K.W. Moremen, P. Wu., Cell Chemical Biology, 2018
- CHoMP: A Chemoenzymatic Histology Method Using ‘Clickable’Probes. S.H. Rouhanifard, A. Lopez-Aguilar, P. Wu, ChemBioChem, 2014
- Chemical Probing of Glycans in Cells and Organisms. S.H. Rouhanifard, L.U. Nordstrøm, T. Zheng, P. Wu, Chem Soc Review, 2013
- Detection and Isolation of Dendritic Cells using Lewis X-functionalized Magnetic Nanoparticles. S.H. Rouhanifard, R. Xie, G Zhang, X. Sun, X. Chen, P. Wu, Biomacromolecules, 2012
Joins the bioengineering department in January 2019.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Developing chemical approaches to track and quantify important RNA processing events and modifications in single cells; DNA: protein interactions that drive differences in gene expression; understanding differences in RNA expression and the impacts on disease and development.
Department Research Areas
See Google Scholar Profile for all publications »