Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2018-2019 academic school year. See Full Photo Gallery Faculty Fellow...
You are here
- 2012 PhD in Biomedical Engineering, The University of Calgary
- 2008 MSc in Biomedical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- 2005 BSc in Biomedical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- C. Bellini, M.R. Bersi, A. Caulk, J. Ferruzzi, D.M. Milewicz, F. Ramirez, D.B. Rifkin, G. Tellides, H. Yanagiswa, J.D. Humphrey, Comparison of Ten Murine Models Reveals a Distinct Biomechanical Phenotype in Thoracuc Aortic Aneurysms, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 14(130), 2017
- C. Bellini, N.J. Kristofik, M.R. Bersi, T.R. Kyriakides, J.D. Humphrey, A Hidden Structural Vulnerability in the Thrombospondin-2 Deficient Aorta Increases the Propensity to Intramural Delamination, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedial Materials, 71, 2017, 397-406
- M.R. Bersi, C. Bellini, J. Wu, K. Montaniel, D.G. Harrison, J.D. Humphrey, Excessive Adventitial Remodeling Leads to Early Aortic Maladaptation in Angiotensin-Induced Hypertension, Hypertension, 67(5), 2016, 890-896
- C. Bellini, S. Wang, D.M. Milewicz, J.D. Humphrey, Myh11R247C/R247C Mutations Increase Thoracic Aorta Vulnerability to Intramural Damage Despite a General Biomechanical Adaptivity, Journal of Biomechanics, 48(1), 2015, 113-121
- S. Roccabianca, C. Bellini, J.D. Humphrey, Computational Modelling Suggests Good, Bad and Ugly Roles of Glycosaminoglycans in Arterial Wall Mechanics and Mechanobiology, Journal of The Royal Society Interface, 2014
- C. Bellini, S. Federico, Green-Naghdi Rate of the Kirchhoff Stress and Deformation Rate: the Elasticity Tensor, Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, 66(3), 2015, 1143-1163
- C. Bellini, J. Ferruzzi, S. Roccabianca, E.S. Di Martino, J.D. Humphrey, A Microstructurally Motivated Model of Arterial Wall Mechanics with Mechanobiological Implications, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 42(3), 2014, 488-502
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
BioE Assistant Professors Jessica Oakes and Chiara Bellini were awarded a $1.5M award from the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFG), administered through The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Grant Programs Directorate, for examining the "Health Consequences Following Acute and Chronic Firefighter Exposure to Wildland Fire Smoke."
BioE Assistant Professors Jessica Oakes and Chiara Bellini are studying the health effects of vaping versus traditional combustible cigarettes.