21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- 2013 University of California, San Diego, PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- 2008 Rochester Institute of Technology, MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Jessica M. Oakes, Alison L. Marsden, Celine Grandmont, Chantal Darquenne, Irene E. Vignon-Clementel. Distribution of Aerosolized Particles in Healthy and Emphysematous Rat Lungs: Comparison Between Experimental and Numerical Studies. Journal of Biomechanics. 48: 1147-1157, 2015.
- Chantal Darquenne, Maria G. Borja*, Jessica M. Oakes, Ellen C. Breen, I. Mark Olfert, Miriam Scadeng, G. Kim Prisk. Increase in Relative Deposition of Fine Particles in the Rat Lung Periphery in the Absence of Gravity. Journal of Applied Physiology. 117: 880-886, 2014.
- Jessica M. Oakes, Ellen Breen, Miriam Scadeng, Ghislain S. Tchantchou*, Chantal Darquenne. MRI-Based Measurements of Aerosol Deposition in the Lung of Healthy and Elastase-Treated Rats. Journal of Applied Physiology. 116: 1561-1568, 2014.
- Jessica M. Oakes, Alison L. Marsden, Celine Grandmont, Shawn C. Shadden, Chantal Darquenne, Irene E. Vignon-Clementel. Airflow and Particle Deposition Simulations in Health and Emphysema: From In Vivo to In Silico Animal Experiments. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 42: 899-914, 2014.
- Jessica M. Oakes, Miriam Scadeng, Ellen C. Breen, G. Kim Prisk, Chantal Darquenne. Regional Distribution of Aerosol Deposition in Rat Lungs Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 41: 967-978, 2013.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Computational fluid dynamics, biological flows, multi-phase flows, multi-scale modeling, pulmonary physiology, aerosols, parameter estimation, magnetic resonance imaging, flow visualization, particle image velocimetry, numerical methodsAffiliated With