BioE Professor Jeff Ruberti was awarded a patent for “Collagen fibrillar construction” that can be used for tissue engineering.
You are here
- PhD (1998), Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University
- Soren Buus Outstanding Research Award (2008), College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- Dean’s Service Award (2011), College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- Capstone Design
- Principles of Bioengineering
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers International
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- J. Ruberti, C. Watson, Q. Dang, et al. "Assessing the Impact of Engineered Nanoparticles on Wound Healing Using a Novel in Vitro Bioassay", Nanomedicine, 9(18), 2014, 2803-2815
- H.K. Kao, Q. Li, B. Flynn, X. Qiao, J.W. Ruberti, G. Murphy, L. Guo "Collagen Synthesis Modulated in Wounds Treated by Pulsed Radiofrequency Energy, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery", 131(4), 2013, 490e-498e
- Paten JA, Tilburey G, Molloy E, Zareian R, Trainor C and JW Ruberti (2013). Utility of an optically-based micromechanical system for printing and testing collagen fibers. Biomaterials. Apr; 34(11):2577-87.
- Flynn BP, Tilburey G and JW Ruberti (2013). Single fibril force/enzyme degradation assay reveals highly-sensitive mechanochemical switch in native collagen. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 12(2): 291-300.
- C.B. Rich, R. Zareian, A.E.K. Hutcheon, J.W. Ruberti, et al. "TGF-ß3 Stimulates Stromal Matrix Assembly by Human Corneal Keratocyte-Like Cells", Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 54(10), 2013, 6612-6619
- Karamichos D, Zareian R, Hutcheon AEK, Ruberti JW and JD Zieske (2012). Novel in vitro model for keratoconus disease. Journal of Functional Biomaterials 3, 760-775.
- Deravi LF, Tianxiang S, Paten JA, Ruberti JW, Bertoldi K and KK Parker (2012). Differential contributions of conformation extension and domain unfolding to properties of fibronectin nanotextiles. NanoLetters. Nov 14; 12(11):5587-92.
- Saeidi N, Karmelek KP, Paten JA, Zareian R, Dimasi E and JW Ruberti (2012). Molecular crowding of collagen: A pathway to produce highly-organized collagenous structures. Biomaterials Oct; 33(30):7366-74.
- Saeidi N, Guo X, Hutcheon AEK, Sander EA, Sunder Bale S, Melotti S, Zieske JD, Trinkaus-Randall V and JW Ruberti (2012). Disorganized collagen scaffold interferes with fibroblast mediated deposition of organized extracellular matrix in vitro. Biotech Bioeng Oct: 109(10):2683-98.
- Chang S, Flynn BP, Ruberti JW and MJ Buehler (2012). Molecular mechanism of force induced stabilization of collagen against enzymatic breakdown. Biomaterials May; 33(15):3852-9.
- Hadi F, Sander EA, Ruberti JW and V Barocas (2012). Simulated remodeling of loaded collagen networks via strain-dependent enzymatic degradation at constant-rate fiber growth. Mechanics of Materials Jan 1; 44:72-82.
- Grytz R, Sigal IA, Ruberti JW, Meschke G and JC Downs (2012). Lamina cribosa thickening in early glaucoma predicted by a microstructure motivated growth and remodeling approach. Mechanics of Materials Jan 1; 44: 99-109.
- Ruberti JW and JB Sokoloff (2011). Theory of the short time mechanical relaxation in articular cartilage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering Oct; 133(10): 104504
- Paten J, Zareian R, Saeidi N, Melotti SA and JW Ruberti (2011). Design and performance of an optically accessible, low-volume mechanobioreactor for long-term study of living constructs. Tissue Engineering Part C Methods Jul;17(7):775-88
- Camp R, Liles M, Beale J, Saeidi N, Flynn BP, Moore E, Murthy SK and JW Ruberti (2011). Molecular Mechanochemisty: Low force switch slows enzymatic cleavage of human type I collagen monomer. JACS Mar 23; 133(11):4073-8.
- Bhole AP, Flynn BP, Liles M, Saeidi N, DiMarzio CA and JW Ruberti (2009). Mechanical strain enhances survivability of collagen micronetworks in the presence of collagenase: Implications for load-bearing matrix growth and stability. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A Sept 13, 367(1902):3339-3362. (Invited)
- Ruberti JW and JD Zieske (2008). Prelude to corneal tissue engineering – Gaining control of collagen organization. Progress in Retinal and Eye Research Sept 27(5):549-577.
- Guo X, Hucheon AEK, Melotti SA, Trinkaus-Randall V, Zieske JD and JW Ruberti (2007). Morphological characterization of organized extracellular matrix deposition by ascorbic acid stimulated human corneal fibroblasts. Investigational Ophthalmology and Visual Science 48 (9):4050-4060.
- Ruberti JW and NJ Hallab (2005). Strain controlled enzymatic cleavage of collagen in loaded matrix. Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications Oct 21; 336(2):483-489
Research & Scholarship Interests
Tissue engineering of load-bearing matrix (bone,cornea), bioreactor design, multi-scale mechanobiochemistry, statistical mechanics, energetics microscopy, high-resolution imaging
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
December 19, 2016
June 20, 2016
Bioengineering Professor Jeffrey Ruberti was awarded a patent for “Systems, methods, & devices for frozen sample distribution”.
November 17, 2015
BioE Professor Jeffrey Ruberti was awarded a patent for "Microparticle organization".